Monday, August 17, 2009

A few years ago we visited Australia and spent the night at a boat like station sixty miles out in the ocean at the Great Barrier Reef. I was so inspired by the coral reef that I went home and painted my interpretation of the reef. Then when we moved to this house which is on the lake and I painted the bathroom as if you were in a coral reef. This past spring my husband was in Romania on business and I went with him. While we were there our kitchen, butler's pantry, dining room, a downstairs bedroom and bath was flooded. It was not flooded from the lake but from accumulated water that rushed from our driveway. We had a restoration company tear out a couple of feet of the dry walls in all of the rooms to rid the mold. Since then we have been doing a lot of the taping and bedding,painting and repairs ourselves. We are also adding new flooring. My bathroom looked very similar to the picture with the exception of the water painted at the bottom. By adding the water it really seemed to make the room more stunning and accented the reef. Sometimes bad things turn out to be not so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment